About Me – Joshua B.

Dear fellow Blogger,

My name is Joshua Bruns, and I am a 14 year old student living in Dakar, Senegal. In this short bio I hope to tell you readers some interesting information about me that can help us relate and break a bit of the ice surrounding our identities.

I’m a 14 year old freshman going to the International School of Dakar, or ISD in the Republic of Senegal. I am from the U.S. and was born in London, England. Despite holding an American passport I’ve only ever lived in the U.S. for two years, the rest or my life I’ve lived in Africa and the Middle East. Yet despite living in many nations around the world I can still only speak my native English, but I’m learning french (my friend Lois would have a few negative things to say about that).

History aside I have lots of interests and activities I participate in. In academics my main interest are the sciences, I also enjoy learning about history, and writing. Outside school I participate in lots of sports, to name a few I’m on the school swim team, and play Ultimate Frisbee. Outside of sport I like debating and just like anyone else having a good time with friends.

Thanks everyone for taking time to find out about me. As you’ve already read about me and where I live please feel free to comment or ask any questions about me or what living in Dakar is like. I know I haven’t explained anything about Senegal or life here, but it is a interesting place and I can give first hand insight to what living in Africa’s western most city is like.

Insights into a New World

Skip to toolbar