SBC 6

Technology At ISD,

Rajowskis, Olav. “Computer, Desktop.” MAX PIXEL, FreeGreatPicture.com, 8 Nov. 2004, maxpixel.freegreatpicture.com/Keyboard-Workstation-Computer-Terminal-Desktop-153893.

I found Mai Tao’s blog post very interesting, in regards to my own school life I find that technology has a massive role. For better or worse technology has seeped into everyone’s lives, it plays an instrumental role in leisure, school, and research. In regards to Mai Tao’s questions, my school and education has a very large technological aspect.

At my school, ISD we have Chromebooks, we are expected to bring them and most often we use them for at least two periods. Nearly every school project involves the use of technology in some form, as a basis for research or as the platform it’s presented on. I can thoroughly say technology has invaded my life! Whether that’s a good thing, well, that’s up to the person.

16 thoughts on “SBC 6”

1. Hey Joshua! I really like your post about the usage of technology! Our school also has Chromebooks, and we also use them for at least a couple periods. I agree with you that technology is a a huge factor in our life, especially at school. Here is a link to my blog so you can comment on one of my posts! Here it is: http://rmhor92d.edublogs.org/

Thanks,
    Ryan H.

1. Dear Ryan,

Thanks for the comment, definitely technology is everywhere. Do you think that’s a good thing? I have mixed opinions on the issue.

Thanks for the comment,

Josh

2. hello,
    I like that you did this post base on someone else and it is true that technology is taking over our life aspect.

karl

1. Hey Karl,

I also like looking and analyzing others blogs, I think its fun exploring a world of different opinions and writing styles. Technology is taking over in every aspect.

See you on Monday
      Josh

1. Dear Sam,

That’s cool, its good to know that every school is using technology these days, not just mine. I wish my school could use MacBooks but Chromebooks aren’t really that bad. The same question I asked Ryan, do you think the spread of technology is a good thing?

Josh

3. Hi Josh,
    I definitely agree about how technology use is everywhere whether you like it or not. My question to you is why do you think that people (especially old people) tend to reject technology instead of embracing it?

1. Dear Amir,

That’s a good question, the reason I think older people reject technology had to do with the way they were raised. It takes time to get used to new changes and Technology really has only been taking off in the last 5-10 years.

Sincerely
      Josh

4. Hey Joshua,
    I 100% agree that we use technology in every class and for everything at ISD. Do you think that Chromebooks are the most useful or do you believe we should be using different types of technology and software?

Quincy

1. Dear Quincy,

I think Chromebooks are very good tools, one can do a lot with them. My wish is for our school to have ipads, they can do a lot of cool stuff like scan barcodes and have more variety of educational resources.\

Have a good day,
      Josh

5. Hi Joshua, I totally agree. Technology has taken over most aspects of our life. My school also used to have Chromebooks, but then we switched. – Natalie

6. Hi Joshua,
    I like your post about technology and computers at our school we use Chromebooks in 6th grade and Lenovo in 7th. I also think that it is a big part of our life and without it we probably would be typing this, so technology is a huge factor in our life. Also it has taken over our life’s. Like your Blog
    From,
    Ryder
    http://brsto92d.edublogs.org/
    here is my Blog

1. Dear Ryder,

I’ve never used a Lenovo in my life, what are they like? Do you prefer them to Chromebooks? Personally, I’m very happy with a Chromebook because it allows me to work on my docs offline and in Africa, you never know when your Wifi will be working or not. Chromebooks help me stay connected even when there is no connection.

Sincerely

Joshua

7. Hi Joshua,
    I really liked reading your post! At my school we are allowed to bring any device, I usually bring my iPad. Also, at my school usually we use our devices for every project that we do.

But, I also think that devices are invading our life, sometimes in a good way but sometimes in a really bad way. If possible come check out my blog! http://hmsmeghan.edublogs.org/
    -Meghan

1. Dear Megan,
      Thank you for the comment. I really like ipads as well, they are great mobile devices. Then again I also agree with your point that technology can also be more harmful than good sometimes.
      Have a good day

Joshua